I’m in a position to know as student, faculty member, and former administrator. This is how college life has changed in the new millennium:
1. The professor who name drops Post-Malone to be hip.
2. Choosing from chicken piccata or a mushroom flatbread with a black olive pesto at the cafeteria.
3. Finding an empty table from whch to text the friend across from you.
4. Wondering why the library has more books than space.
5. Sharing handouts with students who put it aside to read the copy you’ve uploaded.
6. Professors who treat PowerPoint like theater actors instead of Method actors
7. The following email intro: “Hello, Professor X. I hope this email finds you well…”
8. Professors who round down GPAs instead of up.
9. Arriving early to a classroom to secure the only power outlet.
10. Exclamation points